Monday 10 June 2013

Colourful weekend project

This weekend I attempted to start working on removing some of the chaos from my kids' room... 

I still have a far way to go, but at least I'm starting somewhere.

I kept some of the 1,8kg tins from when they were still drinking Nido 1+, thinking that it could come in handy. Well, it did! 

Using various colours A3-size cardboard paper I cut to fit over the tins, I glued it onto the tins with the very thin double-sided tape. I had some sponge letters and shapes in one of my (many) craft drawers which I used on some of the tins to help identify what's inside. 

On some of the other tins I used left-over pieces of cardboard to build letters for this purpose. I also bought some wooden decorative cars at PNA and built my own blocks and animals from the sponge shapes.







The finished product is so colourful and easy for the boys to handle and open. They will look nice when arranged next to each other on their bookcase (that still needs to be painted)...



  

No comments:

Post a Comment