Monday 26 August 2013

How to make washi tape cupcake toppers

I couldn't stay away from the new collection of washi tape and started playing around with it.

People often ask me what washi tape can be used for. I did a bit 'research' and came to the conclusion that you can use it in a million ways... Use it any way you use paint, so stick it onto anything instead of painting. Use it to make cards, tags, jewellery, mark your guests' glasses, make cake bunting, cupcake toppers, do any kids' craft imaginable. The list is endless.

I invite you to check out some the ideas on my Pinterest page as well, just by searching for Beads Blooms & Sparkles.

These cupcake topper flags I made took me 5 minutes and you won't need more than a roll a washi tape of your choice, some toothpicks (or other craft sticks) and scissors.

Measure the same lenghth of washi tape as the lenghth of the toothpick (more or less 6.5cm). Place the toothpick in the middle of the tape and fold the tape in half, sticking it together. Cut a v-shape on the end, and voila!

 


I used the cute yellow, pink, teal and white striped tape (will soon be available in the online store on the code below the pic).


   

No comments:

Post a Comment