Thursday 2 May 2013

Garden project for the day

Hi again, I hope you had a stress-free, creative Worker's Day yesterday.

This project has been on my wish list forever. So when I went to a nearby garden centre the other day and came across this metal heart shape I just had to have it. I must add (actually gloat a bit...) that this project cost me a total of R90. Yes, it's not a typing error... The price includes the metal heart shape and a bag of the white crushed stone. I am lucky enough to have a good supply of succulent plants in my garden, so I could just use that.

It only took me about an hour to complete this project and I'm very pleased with the results.



  My 16 month old son thought it needed a touch of colour, so he added a handful of  black compost to the design...

Starting with putting the shape down where I wanted it to be, I then removed soil from inside the shape only as deep as the iron rim's width. This step was then followed by putting down some newspaper to cover the inside of the shape (mainly to keep out unwanted weeds and to keep the stones from being washed into the soil when it rains). Now the stage was set for my stone filling, topping it of with the pink-tinted succulent plants just on the outside of the heart.

I must admit that I don't know how long it will stay this clean and perfect, but it warms my heart for the past week already and haven't been bombarded with any other objects, colour effects or anything else of the sort by my two busy boys...

Hope you enjoy doing something similar in your garden. I would like to hear about your projects as well!

Feel free to email me for info on where I bought the heart shape and stones. I'm even willing to share some of my succulents with an enthusiastic crafter... ;)

Kind regards

Lené

No comments:

Post a Comment