Monday 13 May 2013

Sweets for my sweet...

Today I want to share a recipe that I saw in the Ideas Magazine (page 58 in the Afrikaans edition)  last week. I had to alter it a bit as I couldn't find all the ingredients at our local supermarket...


Me and my 3,5-year-old son went about this recipe as follows:

We made two separate batches, one red (or pink) batch with caramel flavour and one yellow batch with pineapple flavour. I couldn't find the peppermint flavour they refer to in the original recipe. At the end we also added some edible glitter (just for some sparkle... :))


One batch is made of 480ml icing sugar sifted into a bowl with 35ml cream added (maybe add a little more if the mixture seems to dry) and 5ml flavouring of your choice. Kneed the mixture until nice and soft and add the colour you want (we used gel colouring that is usually used with fondant). Mix until evenly distributed. Roll the 'dough' into small balls and place onto a lined baking tray, leave to dry.

Easiest sweeties we've ever made (as we don't like spending to many hours in the kitchen while the weather is so nice outside...). 

On the right is my son, Jaco who helped me make these sweets. He insisted that his cars should also feature in the picture as they are the same colours as the sweets... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment